Site: WVTF/RADIO IQ
WVTF/RADIO IQ recognizes that visitors to our site may be concerned about the information they share with us and how we use and secure that information. As such, WVTF/RADIO IQ has created this Privacy Statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to protecting the privacy and security of our user’s information. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make regarding your personal information. This statement is readily available on our website linked at the bottom of all WVTF/RADIO IQ web pages.
1. Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to the public WVTF Public Radio/RADIO IQ website at the web address http://www.wvtf.org.
2. Collection of personal information
WVTF/RADIO IQ does request and collect some personal information from our users to provide the following services:
- Pledges and donations processing
- WVTF E-Newsletter
- Contest Entries
- Submissions for public service announcements and events
- Other miscellaneous services from time to time, to be announced
The types of information collected include:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number, and email address
- Payment information necessary to process donations made using a credit card
- Donation preferences such as the type of ‘Thank You’ gift and how the donation should be applied.
In addition to the information you provide, WVTF may also collect information during your visit to WVTF/RADIO IQ’s website which includes cookies for session management. Also, site analytic tools collect certain traffic information that your browser sends to a website, such as your browser type and language, access times, the address of the website from which you arrived, and the type of device being used to access our full or mobile web site. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address. WVTF/RADIO IQ also uses some of these tools in connection with its newsletter and therefore may collect information about when you open the email or click on a link contained in the email.
3. How we use your information
The information WVTF/RADIO IQ collects is used to satisfy user requests or measure the overall effectiveness of our site. This could be to:
- Process donations or pledges
- Gather your comments and feedback
- Deliver our E-Newsletter
- Contact you for additional information or administrative purposes
- Respond to you regarding a general inquiry you made using our site
- Help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our site
- Monitor market penetration of various web browsers so we can better determine the internet technologies we may utilize in the design of our pages
- Determine to what extent our page is referenced by other resources on the web
- Notify winners of contests
4. Sharing of information
WVTF/RADIO IQ will not sell, rent or lease your personal information, including donation and gift information to the radio station, to others nor will we use any personal information for any purposes beyond those stated here.
- The WVTF/RADIO IQ Donor List Policy follows the guidelines of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB): WVTF/RADIO IQ does not sell, rent, lease, loan, trade, give, donate, transfer, or exchange their donor names to any outside part.
- All donor lists and information is protected from and all third party access.
- WVTF/RADIO IQ maintains active control of its contributor and donor lists, and takes all appropriate measures to ensure against unauthorized use of such lists.
- All public telecommunications entities, including all CPB grantees, must maintain complete, accurate, and secure records of all uses of membership and donor lists for fundraising purposes, and must furnish such records to CPB on request.
5. Keeping your personal information secure
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, WVTF/RADIO IQ utilizes reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. The personal information you provide us is stored on computer systems located in controlled facilities which have limited access and remote access is given only to administrators of the site.
Credit Card Information Security
To ensure the security of your credit card information, WVTF/RADIO IQ uses NPR Digital Services Quick Pledge to process your online donation. More specifically, WVTF/RADIO IQ does not process, store, or transmit any of your credit card information in our systems. Instead we redirect that key function to the NPR Digital Services Quick Pledge site. NPR Digital Services Quick Pledge is a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant processor which means they fulfilled all applicable requirements set forth by the card industry to securely process your payments. [See their Certificate of PCI Compliance at http://info.ds.npr.org//media/pdfs/PCIPassingScan-Public%20Interactive.pdf ].
6. Your choices and selecting your privacy preferences
WVTF/RADIO IQ gives you the choice of receiving certain news and information in the form of a newsletter delivered to your email account on record. You can make or change your choice about receiving our notices by following the directions outlined below. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of responding to a user-submitted inquiry.
Subscription communications includes our email notices that may be expressly requested by you. After you request such communications, you may opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email "unsubscribe" link in the notice, or follow the instructions included in your subscription confirmation communication.
- Contact WVTF/RADIO IQ offices by Email us or call us 9:00-5:00 weekdays at 540-989-8900.
7. Accessing your Personal Information
You may, at any time, request to review the information WVTF/RADIO IQ maintains about you. To do so, please contact our stations by Email or call us 9:00-5:00 weekdays at 540-989-8900. After reviewing your information, you may request that we modify or remove any of your personal information from our systems. We will verify your identity before sending you this information and you assume all responsibility of how the information is used after it leaves our systems.
8. Changes to this statement
If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date.
9. Contacting us
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions about our Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact our office by Email or call us 9:00-5:00 weekdays at 540-989-8900.
Updated April 18, 2013.