Charlottesville Mayor Mike Signer is calling for a special General Assembly session to speed the removal of Confederate monuments in the city and around the state. Signer says it’s important to deny white supremacists “the twisted totems they seek.”
NPR Live Music
- Confederate Statues Were Built To Further A 'White Supremacist Future'
- Racial Issues Have Often Been A Test for U.S. Presidents With Conflicted Feelings
- As India's Climate Changes, Farmers In The North Experiment With New Crops
- Some Liberty University Grads Are Returning Their Diplomas To Protest Trump
- How To Succeed In Business After Fleeing For Your Life
BBC World News Headlines
Five public radio organizations in Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware are examining a broad spectrum of issues affecting the Bay and its watershed through in depth reporting.