Submit an Event
WVTF/RADIO IQ gladly accepts Public Service Announcements (PSAs) from state-registered, not-for-profit corporations in standard format for on-air delivery.
Format - Please follow the Checklist below.
Copy - The most effective announcements are always straightforward: Event description, date, location, and phone number for information. WVTF/RADIO IQ reserves the right to edit all copy.
Submission - PSAs should be submitted directly to our online events calendar. Once the PSA has been entered it goes into a pending status. It will then be reviewed by a member of our staff. If the PSA meets our criteria it will be approved and go live on our site. We print out the list of PSAs from our website for on-air mentions. There is no guarantee that your PSA will be read on-air. PSAs should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event.
Checklist: The PSA form will guide you through the following steps - see example below
Event Category: Theater & Dance: Other
· Contact Information - A phone number or website is required. You will be able to provide a contact name. You can select choose to provide a detailed map to your event location.
· Length - There is room for a long description of the event and also a short description of the event. If you are having problems entering your event the copy is probably too long. Edit the copy down and try to resubmit the event.
· Date - Provide a clear date and time of the event.
· Prices - If the event is free, please mention this. There is also space to mention the price range of tickets.
· Cultural Events - For arts events, always include program highlights (composers or works, for example). Our audience is well-read; attract them with your intriguing program. You can attach photos of performers.
· Non-Commercial Tone - Do not use call-to-action verb phrases (example: do not use the word “call..,” or phrases such as, “join us for…,” “come celebrate…,” “visit…,” or “you’re invited to…”). We appreciate your help in maintaining our distinctive, non-commercial delivery, valued highly by our listeners.